Thank you for your support and participation in a JAM Productions event. Please be sure to review this document in its entirety prior to the start of the event and arriving at the venue. This document contains pertinent information regarding new safety measures, precautions, rules, and regulations that JAM Productions has put in place to help mitigate risk and prevent the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
JAM Productions is committed to providing high-quality events for everyone involved. Coaches, players, and spectators alike should expect to see changes made to tournament rules, facility layouts, and more to ensure that JAM Productions is remaining compliant with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state, and local regulations. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and flexibility in adhering to these new regulations, as they are put forth for the protection of everyone’s health and safety.
Large gatherings (such as lacrosse tournaments) create an increased risk of exposure, infection, and spread of COVID-19 according to CDC and state and local health officials. While the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic cannot be completely eliminated, JAM Productions is dedicated to the mitigation and reduction of risk in order to host and operate the safest event possible. By arriving on-site at this event, attendees knowingly and freely accept these risks. Please reference the “COVID-19” tab on the JAM Productions website for additional information and resources.
The information in this document is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, are provided for general informational purposes only. The knowledge and circumstances around COVID-19 are changing constantly and, as such, JAM Productions makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this information. Further, you should seek advice from medical professionals and/or public health officials if you have specific questions about your return to training and competition.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), people who have contracted the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can show a variety of symptoms, or even be asymptomatic. Symptoms may appear within 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
WHEN NOT TO ATTEND AN JAM PRODUCTIONS EVENT
While we would love for everyone to be able to attend our events, JAM Productions takes the health and safety of players, coaches, spectators, staff, and other attendees very seriously. You should not attend the event if any of the items below are applicable to you.
- You have been exposed to COVID-19 within thepast 14 days
- You are categorized as a high-risk individual (compromised immune system, respiratory issues, diabetic, etc.)
- You are over the age of 65 and/or have underlying health risks
- You have experienced any of the above symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- You cannot follow or maintain proper social distancing guidelines
- You are unable to or refuse to wear a face mask or covering
FACE MASK/COVERING REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with expanded state mask requirements, JAM Productions is implementing the following guidelines regarding the wearing of face masks/coverings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Staff: Required at all times
- Coaches: Required throughout venue, required during games
- Players: Required throughout venue, not required during warm-ups and game play
- Spectators: Required at all times includes but not limited to the parking lot, restrooms, concessions, apparel sales lines, moving throughout the facility, sidelines, etc.
- Referees: Required throughout venue, not required during game play
- Refusal to comply with the above requirements will result in removal from venue.
WHAT TO BRING TO AN EVENT
Below you will find a list of items to bring to your upcoming tournament.
- Face mask/covering (required for ALL attendees)
- Personal water bottles (not to be shared)
- Personal Umbrella
- Hand Sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes
- Personal Chairs
- Shared water coolers prohibited
- Team benches prohibited
- Tents prohibited
RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL
ARRIVAL TO VENUE
- All attendees should conduct a self-evaluation for COVID-19 symptoms and check their temperature before arriving on-site
- Teams should not arrive to their field more than 30 minutes prior to the designated start time to
- Limit the number of spectators and participants within the venue for extended periods of time.
- ALL event staff, workers, athletic trainers, vendors and referees are required to have their temperature checked upon arrival to venue
- Temperatures will be checked each day of an event prior to the start of their assigned shift
- Those whose checked temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher will be required to leave the venue for the day.
- Those required to have temperature checks will be given a wristband to wear indicating their temperatures have been checked. If wristband is lost, temperatures will need to be rechecked.
- Coaches on sideline and players not in game should maintain adequate social distancing in team bench area
- No shared equipment or water bottles
- Team huddles and handshakes are not permitted
- Teams must exit the field immediately after the game ends
- Spitting is prohibited on and off the field
- One player per team can attend the pre-game coin toss
- Coaches are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer for quick sanitation during, between, and after games
- Players and coaches are encouraged to apply hand sanitizer when coming on and off the field, as well as after each game
- Player equipment should be labeled to avoid confusion and contamination
- No group photos permitted
- Must maintain appropriate social distancing (minimum of 6 ft.) and sit within designated spectator area.
- Tailgating and Team Tents is not permitted
- JAM Productions reserves the right to remove spectators from the venue at any time
- Only one parent or guardian is permitted to attend event with participant to reduce volume of spectators and maintain adequate social distancing
- No group photos permitted
- No tents allowed – personal umbrellas are permitted
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own personal hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes.
- Spectators should have personal items labeled
- Lost and found items will not be kept
• Only one referee will conduct the coin toss if needed
• No hand shaking or huddling permitted
• Must give the final score to the field marshal verbally
• Must bring their own water bottles
• Encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer
• Encouraged to wear masks while on the field but not required
• Referees are encouraged to re-sanitize coming on and off the field (halftime)
• Temperature checks will be conducted prior to the referee’s first game each day
- All sales final. No returns or exchanges.
- Touchless sales will be implemented on site
- Cashless transactions will be available to eliminate the exchange of unsanitary money
- Chip readers will be used for customers to insert their own card
- Customers must maintain appropriate social distancing while waiting in line
- Strongly encourage customers to sanitize hands before and after leaving the sales tent
LEAVING THE VENUE
- Follow appropriate directional guidance
- No congregating in large groups when exiting the venue
- All participants/spectators must leave the venue once their games are finished for the day
- Participants and spectators are strongly encouraged not to linger around venue or near exit once games are completed.
- Awards will be given to coach by field marshal. No awards ceremonies will be conducted prior to departure from venue.
- Spectators and participants are strongly encouraged to sanitize their hands when leaving the venue.
- If you test positive or begin to show symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days of attending a JAM Productions event, notify the tournament director immediately.
- If a player or coach tests positive for COVID-19 during the event, all other players and coaches with their team will be required to get tested for COVID-19 before they will be allowed to play any matches. Confirmed negative results for each player and coach must be provided to tournament director before team will be allowed to play any matches.
- Failure to comply with the above regulation will result in removal from tournament without refund.
- State and local health departments will be notified of potential exposure.
- Names and identifying information regarding those with confirmed cases will not be released to the public.
- Work with local health department in identifying all potentially exposed individuals to help with contact tracing process.